Sunday, October 2, 2016

#presidentialdebate2016

A group of my friends and I got together to watch the debate. I was nervous to be around a large group of people in fear of clashing opinions and different political views. I brought the bingo boards and someone else brought the pizza. It actually turned out okay.

I made it a point to check Twitter and Facebook as the debate was going on. I was shocked at all of the different responses. When I thought that Trump said something absolutely outrageous, someone was tweeting about how genius it was. Our country is in a scary place.

My newsfeed was full of mocking the candidates, hilarious memes and tweets of disparity that these are our two candidates. That did not surprise me at all. What did surprise me was that the number one trending topic was #TrumpWon.

I sat next to a good friend while watching the debate. We both are undecided on this presidential election and so we did a little experiment. We both watched our hashtags quickly change and become opposite of each other. I'm not sure what made them so different, but it was interesting to see how fast things changed. Her's was full of Anti-Hillary, and mine was all Trump hating.

Even though that I do not traditionally use Twitter for news or important topics like this, it was interesting to see it used in this aspect. It created stories and Top Tweets specifically for me. It made me realize that you really do have to do all of your research, because just by looking at your social media you're getting maybe 1/16th of the story.

But hey, at lease we have presidential candidates that hate each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment